Friday, January 28, 2011

Chinese Chicken Salad


I like variety in food. My wife knows this well...I have even created a cookbook for our home that consists of 28 four-course meals, none of them alike. I am not big on eating my veggies and salads, but I know I need to for the health benefits. So have come up with a great variety of veggies and salads that even I can enjoy.

This is one of the salads I can really get into:

6 LARGE SERVINGS

- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt

1. For the dressing, combine these ingredients in a jar and shake it well.

- 2 chicken breast halves, boiled and shredded
- 1 9-ounce package raw Asian Style noodles, thin cut, deep fried to brown, then broken into pieces
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

2. Combine these ingredients in a large bowl.

3. At serving time, combine the dressing with the salad and serve immediately.

Make sure that you do not mix the salad dressing with the salad beforehand. The lettuce and the noodles will get soggy and soft.

This is a great salad to go with any other Chinese dish, but it can stand on its own for a nice quick and light dinner or lunch. It already has nice, lean chicken breast in it and noodles for carbohydrates, so all you might want to add is some fortune cookies to give it that extra Chinese touch.

Enjoy!

For some great information on buying Under Sink Dishwashers or Bosch Dishwashers, just click the links and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment